Friday, May 30, 2008

Thing 23

All right, I messed up the numbering somewhere on the road and I mislabled post 21 as post 20. I've probably got some other errors along the way. No time to do the Listen NJ thing, and Technorati still wasn't cooperating when I went back, but I can be pretty happy with the progress I've made, even with missing the completion date. I will carry on and complete next week.

The experience has been a good one. It's a fun way to force me to look at things I usually say I have no time for. I don't feel an expert in any of the "Things," but familiarity will make it that much easier to explore more in depth at a later date.

The most useful bit for me was Google Documents, though the most fun was the podcasting. I can see me spending lots of free time looking for other Harlan Ellison rants for entertainment:)

The least useful to me (and this is strictly a matter of taste and/or personality) was the social networking stuff. I don't really understand the need people have for all these "connections" when they could talk to people face to face. I actually have a Facebook account, but I rarely use it.

Anyway, well done, all of you who put this together and who coached us along the way. It's been both fun and enlightening. What more could a person ask?

No comments: