Tuesday, March 25, 2008

From Madrid to Minneapolis

Well, I spent a wonderful ten days in Spain. Spent a total of of about nine hours in the Prado Museum over two days, enjoying the works of Velasquez, Bosch, and Goya. Also managed the highlights of Seville, Cordoba, Torremolinos, Granada, and Toledo. The bus took us through Don Quixote country, including the famous white windmills. Toured an olive oil plant and a workshop where artisans make damascene jewelry. The food and people were terrific and I can't wait to go back. I'll post pictures soon.

I was back to work for one day before heading out to PLA in Minneapolis. So I've just settled into the hotel and will set out in quest of lunch soon. Tomorrow I'll see about getting oriented in the city--right now I'm too jet lagged.

2 comments:

OCL Web Things said...

Hope you have a good conference!

KK

Rita Oakes said...

Thanks! It's been fun. I really enjoyed Minneapolis.