Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Catching Up: challenge #3

Nice to know what's available through GVRL. I accessed a couple of the references: "Contemporary Poets," and "The Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World." For the poetry resource, I looked up Mark Doty and found some solid information. For the other resource, I was looking for information on the fall of Granada in 1492, but found only general information scattered throughout a series of articles in the encyclopedia. I would really like to access some primary materials on that topic, particularly on the Muslim perspective of the Reconquista.

The translation function is nice and it was useful to compare the print and electronic resources using the Videohound's Golden Movie Retriever. I looked up "Miller's Crossing," and found entries in both versions to be identical.

No comments: